Sunday 1 July 2012

Grab life by the lapels


Well here we are, in the second part of 2012. How fast do the days go by?! Only eight months ago I was planning to pursue my dream of working part time so I could focus on writing, and I now have merely 4-6 weeks of work left. I am so very excited. So excited.

I look back at the first half of 2012 with extreme pride, sadness, joy, relief and happiness, so much has happened that I am baffled at the velocity at which time flies by. I feel like I blinked and here we are. That inspires me, the fact that time eludes us and passes by so quickly. It inspires me to make the most of every day. It inspires me to grab life by the lapels and push fear aside to do what it is that brings most joy into my life. I have also undergone some serious life changes and although change is good it hasn’t always been easy. Taking each day as it presents itself with as much positivity as I can muster is how I get by, tomorrow is a new day and I don’t want to waste today worrying about that which I cannot change.

The day I decided to pursue my dream I wrote this post. “A year from now you will wish you had started today.” Even six months on from the start of the year I am seriously chuffed I acted when I did. I would be disappointed in myself if I reached December 2012 and I was still sitting in the same spot, thinking about my dream. Life is long, and I want to ensure mine is full of passion and dreams that come to fruition, I don’t want to wake up every day and plod through life feeling uninspired and find myself settling. I want excitement and fire in my belly, and the only one responsible for that is me. It all starts at me. 

Fittingly I started my first writing course this week. I am completing my first assessment today on the first day of the other half of this year, and the rest of my life.

If you are putting your dreams into action, what was it that inspired you to leap? 

6 comments:

  1. That is super inspiring - a bit like you.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU, you inspired me to take the leap and not return to work and do what I really want to do and be a SAHM, your leap post made me dig deep within myself and ask what is it I really want and how to go about it. Thanks Peggy for kick start xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth that is just wonderful, I am SO RAPT FOR YOU! When you commented on my FB page last week I was smiling from ear to ear all day at the thought that you were following your heart. Just brilliant.

      Happy SAHM days, I envy you. I wish I had done the same when my son was pre school age. :) xo

      Delete
  3. Peggy, we dont know each other, but I think this is AMAZING!!! Well done you!! And I love that you have started a writing course, good action plan!

    Live it girl!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sophie, so lovely of you to stop by and leave me such a kind, encouraging note. You made me smile. :) xo

      Delete

I would REALLY love to hear your pretty thoughts. Since you're already here, why not leave me a comment?

Thank you for reading.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.