Monday 16 January 2012

Monday Musings - The beach beckoned

As far as first weeks back at work go last week was great! I was happy to see the girls (and boy, just in case the one no-blog-reading boy in our office ever reads my blog, HI PETE!) and got stuck into a very overdue spring clean of my office. I caught myself smiling a few times at how lovely and clean it looked to kick off the new year. Smiling over work? I know right!

As you may know I don’t do countdowns of days, however I must say I was quietly looking forward to Saturday. I had big plans of cleaning my garden, weeding and an afternoon of fun with the Karcher. I also had big plans to cook. My delivery of fresh fruit and veg from my friendly grocer The Lettuce Shop was delivered on Friday afternoon, so you can imagine my excitement at my crisper (it’s a foodie thing) brimming with fresh veges, waiting for the weekend for me to indulge in some new recipes.

Saturday morning started with a sleep-in, slowly eaten breakfast, a trip to the supermarket (I must add that since I get my fresh produce and eggs and milk home delivered, my supermarket trip is now very brief) followed by an afternoon of weekend bliss. I made delicious prawn linguine, I wrote two blog posts,  enjoyed some writing for my writing job and some banter on twitter, took some photos, enjoyed some long uninterrupted conversation with my boys, let the dog sit inside with us (this is a treat believe me!), smiled at the kindness of others commenting on my blog and sharing my words.

Sunday morning I indulged in some more cooking (roasted capsicum and feta fritters) and then decided the garden can wait and went to the beach instead. I waited all week to clean the yard but the beach beckoned. I can never say no to the beach.

All those simple moments made for a beautiful weekend. 

Bubbles of bliss… beach. sun. sand. writing. cooking. eating. resting. seeing my eBook pop up twice on Instagram by Aimee of Kiss and Makeup, and Sonia of Life, Love and Hiccups. *LOVE*


Here’s to a great week. If you suffer from Mondayitis I hope today was painless!

12 comments:

  1. Since I've had Friday and Monday off, I have had four, not two, four consecutive days of not doing the pile of laundry on my bed. I put it there, then put it in the basket to do in the morning. Then put it back on the bed, then back in the basket, haha. Too many other things I'd rather do! Now I'm left with a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge pile though, like I could shape it into the mould of a man and put it by the window and people would think I have a very badly dressed visitor. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prop a drink in his hand and you could have a conversation with him! There are too many lovely things to be doing than to worry about folding washing. It can wait. :)

      Delete
  2. Anonymous5:20 am GMT+8

    hi peggy. i have my copy of your e-book printed out too. great minds think alike hey!! had planned on posting a pic myself. hope you don't mind. enjoy your day. xo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how lovely Veronica, do you know I haven't ever seen it in print?! I might have to print it out too. How does it look? I would love the cover (as designed by the gorgeously talented Sass) printed and in a frame, will have to do that one day.

      Post away, I wouldn't mind at all! It will make my day. :) xo

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a gorgeous weekend.
    Yep, beach trumps garden every time!
    Actually, beach trumps pretty much anything here!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beach trumps everything. Amen.

      :) xo

      Delete
  4. awww you are soooo gorgeous Peggy. As i mentioned in my note your book had such an impact on me - I am going to write about it this weekend. I LOVED IT! and that is an understatement. Thank you beautiful girl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are just TOO KIND! You're making me blush, stop it. No don't stop! haha Seriously though, you made me smile, it was such a lovely gesture and to see my eBook cover pop up in Instagram was a real treat. Thanks again Sonia. I am really chuffed that you liked it, truly. xo

      Delete
  5. I'm with you, the beach always seems to beckon me too ;o) From the sounds of it, you tacked plenty of other things to make it a fairly productive weekend anyway :o) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually did feel productive even though the garden didn't get a look in. Funny as today my neighbour who has THE MOST immaculate lawn and garden popped over. As he was standing at my front door I was sending him a telepathic message not to peek inside my front courtyard, I was cringing. Next weekend. ;) xo

      Delete
  6. I love how you treasure all those moments in your weekend & how they are so good almost because you are choosing them. You have inspired me to take the time to cook more on the weekend. For some reason I have gotten into the habit of viewing the weekend as more a time for not cooking... for eating take away. But you have just made that idea of having a whole day to make something yummy, sound so good. My mum used too & still does do that kind of thing. I need to get to that place where I enjoy cooking again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa. I don't enjoy cooking on weeknights as it feels more like a chore with the time restriction, however on the weekends I enjoy perusing cookbooks and choosing different recipes to try. And I love that I have all day to cook, I often make 2 dishes in an afternoon. And then I take photos! :)

      Delete

I would REALLY love to hear your pretty thoughts. Since you're already here, why not leave me a comment?

Thank you for reading.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.